"Hello, my name is Gil Divine - yes, Divine, is my birth name. I never intended to work on guitars and amps as a career… it just happened that way. When I was a musician living in Oakland California in the early 90’s, couldn’t afford to take my guitars to a shop, and so I did an apprenticeship to become a luthier. One thing led to another and I became a guitar tech for bands. Over the past decade I have traveled the world as the touring guitar tech for Yo La Tengo, Lucinda Williams, The White Stripes, Cat Power, Super Furry Animals ... And you will know us by the trail of dead, ad nauseum.
Since the beginning of this endeavour I have grown tired of seeing people getting fleeced by ‘high-end’ cable companies gimmicks and hype. I have myself witnessed brand new, right out of the box ‘high end’ cables fail. When I’m on the road with an artist the worst thing that could possibly happen is a cable failure. It stops the show. Period. Night after night the artists that use my cables do so with confidence, knowing that they will not fail or break leaves them able to focus on their music. That is my word and I stand behind it 100%.
Because I am such a control freak, I hand solder every cable. At the end of the day it is my name on these cables, so I put them together with the same exacting commitment to creating first-rate products. Every cable is carefully inspected, tested with a multimeter for capacitance, resistance, and finally, each cable is tested with my guitar through my amp to make sure you get the best tone possible.
I offer a lifetime warranty on all of my cables. Cables will always fail at the least opportune moments and that's why I build my cables NOT to fail. If your cable stops working for any reason (other than abuse), I will replace it for free. If the cable is abused, I will repair it for the cost of parts, so go ahead and give my cables your worst…good luck on breaking them!!"
- GIL DIVINE (DIVINE NOISE)
Every cable is cut, soldered, and assembled by hand in Portland, Oregon using only the highest quality products to ensure that you get the most out of your equipment. Everything from the thick, heavy-duty PVC jacket on my proprietary cables, to the highest quality silver solder to secure components is done to create a reliable, great sounding, high caliber product that you can trust. Thus we give you cables made for the tortures of touring with the assurance of performance. All of our straight cables can be made with either black, red or white PVC jackets.
- 20 AWG stranded centre conductor, a spiral shield of bare copper providing 95% coverage. Semi-conductive PVC covering reduces Tribo-Electric Noise and provides clean, low-noise performances, without microphonics.
- Low capacitance (30 pF/FT) provide a rich warm tone, not bright, harsh or brittle- the result of overly low capacitance- and not too dull or muddy- caused by too high of a capacitance.
- The oxygen free copper used in our cables delivers the purest sound quality while remaining flexible and noise free
- Thick (.280”), heavy-duty PVC outer jacket designed to withstand the rigors of heavy use while maintaining flexibility.
- Every cable is soldered by hand using the highest quality silver solder.
- Available in G&H Industries or Neutrik silentPLUG* plugs
- Completely made by hand in the USA.
- Divine Noise offers a lifetime no hassle warranty on every cable.
- All of our straight cables can be made with either black, red or white PVC jackets.
…And you will know us by the trail of dead
Black Prairie / The Decemberist - Chris Funk
Black Prairie - Jon Neufeld
Cage The Elephant
Cibo Matto - Jared Samuel
Cibo Matto - Yuka C. Honda
Codeine/Come - Chris Brokaw
Crooked Fingers / Archers of Loaf - Eric Bachmann
Gary Clark Jr
Gary Clark Jr - Johnny Bradley
Gary Clark Jr - King Zapata
Iggy and The Stooges - James Williamson
Iggy and The Stooges - Mike Watt
Lambchop - Kurt Wagner
Matisyahu w/ Dub Trio
Morrissey - Jesse Tobias
Pinback - Zach Smith
Portugal. The Man
Ricki Lee Jones
Sharon Van Etten
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings / Amy Winehouse - Binky Griptite
Sun Volt - Gary Hunt
Spoon / Divine Fits - Britt Daniel
The Feelies - Glen Mercer
Third Eye Blind - Kryz Reid
The Flaming Lips
The Jesus Lizard / Tomahawk- Duane Denison
The Jesus Lizard / Scratch Acid - David Wm. Sims
The Black Keys
They Might Be Giants - John Flansburgh
The White Stripes - Jack White
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Wilco / The Nels Cline Singers - Nels Cline
Wilco - Pat Sansone
Wilco - Jeff Tweedy
Yo La Tengo
plus many many more!